Monday, January 9, 2012

The more I learn, the less I know!

Happy New Year: I have been in learning mode for the last month or two. It seems that as soon as I pick up one skill, I realize that I need another to bring my art projects to life. It's like when you buy a new soap dispenser for the bathroom, then you realize that the towels look kind of dingy, and you go back to buy some more. Then you realize the rug no longer matches - and upward through the curtains, etc., until you find yourself dyeing your French poodle to match the bottle of pusillanimous pink nail polish on the counter. It's kind of like that.


I have installed an updated version of 3d animation software and have been working my way through an 800-page manual (up to pg. 650). I also acquired a new Midi keyboard for my computer - soon I'll be animating some characters in 3d and writing the music for them in Garage Band.


Best of all, Santa brought me a brand-new Fender Mustang Bass Guitar - and is it ever sweet! I'm getting used to playing the new size (3/4 size compared to the P-bass I used to play) and loving every minute of it.


I look forward to updating my website soon with tutorials and new art videos. I'm completing a collage tutorial and planning another on paper marbling. I'll get back to filming soon, I promise!

Visit me at Barbara Bastrup Fine Art